Sunday, September 5, 2021

Fated by Alyson Noel


 

This the first book in The Soul Seekers series. The book was really good. Something different then, what I'm used too. 

Daire is a 16 year old girl with her mom, traveling around the world for her mothers job as a make-up artist. Jeenika is her mom. Things with them have been okay at time. Daire, keeps having problems with seeing things that don't make since to her. She sees, ravens and shadow like people and it freaks her out. She doesn't know if she's going crazy or what. 

She and Vance this boy she sees while he's working on this movie where there are, is getting something to eat, when things start to happen. After a time, she faints or something like fainting. When she wakes up, she's tide down and her mom is sitting close by. She doesn't know where she is but, she doesn't like what's going on. She asks her mom what is going on and her mom tells the other lady in the room to get the doctor. Tell then, her mom just tells her that she's just going to have to relax. Like, that's going to happen. 

Once she hears from the doctor and hears what he has to say, she's not happy. She doesn't want to go to no mental hospital or take medicine that will mess with her. So, after leaving, her mom drives them to where they are staying after taking the trip home on an airplane. 

The phone in the house rings and its her grandmother Paloma calling. Some how she found out what is going on and talks her mom into letting her come and stay with her in Enchantment, New Mexico. She tells her mom that she can help Daire. She's going to have her friend Chay meet us and drive me the rest of the way. 

Jennika, her mom isn't so sure of about this whole thing but, for now its the only thing she can do. 

At first, Daire doesn't want to be there and ends up running away. She also ends up getting hit by a car, where she is bruised and has a broken leg. So, the idea of leaving didn't go quite will. She does have a few talks with Paloma who explains who her dad was and why he died before she was born. Something that her mom didn't explain to her very will.

She also finds out that she's a soul seeker and a very strong one. Paloma is going to teach her as much as she can, but Daire notices that she keeps having nose bleeds and becomes worried that something is wrong. 

She also meets Dace and Cade, they are teens. She doesn't like Cade and she finds out the Dace is nicer and good. Something evil is going on and Cade is a good reason, along with his father. Things end up happening and its not good. But, I'm not going to share what happens, because I want you to read this book. I'll tell you this, the ending will grab you and you'll want to continue to read tell the book ends. Its also wanting me to pick up the next one in the series but, I'm going to wait a little while then, I'll get it. 

Well, I'm off to start my next book. Remember to pick up a book, you never know if you like it, tell you read it. 

Note: I'm going to tell you guys something. I only read the book. I can't listen to audiobooks so my honest opinion of the book is from reading it. There is nothing wrong with listening to a book. I just love the feel of the book in my hands and its easier for me to enjoy and understand the stories I read. So, sometimes it will take me a little longer to read some book. 

Thank you for reading my blog. You can leave me a comment about the book or anything else if you want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Likeness by Tana French

 The is the second book in the Dublin murder squad series and Detective Cassie Maddox is back and transferring out of the murder squad. She&...